Proudly made in Yorkshire - follow the river with the all new Aireline06-10-2017
They're proudly built in the White Rose County – and they're all set to create an amazing new way to travel across West Yorkshire!
A sparkling new fleet of buses from Yorkshire bus manufacturer Optare, packed with fantastic features, many inspired by direct feedback from regular customers, takes to the road from this Sunday (8 October) on the 60. The 60 will also be refreshed and revitalised with a sparkling new identity: Aireline.
Aireline links Keighley, Saltaire, Shipley and Leeds every 30 minutes, 7 days a week, following the majestic River Aire along much of its journey.
Our brilliant new buses have won a thumbs-up ahead of their debut from a VIP group at a preview this week outside Keighley's Victoria Hall, including the voice of Aireline: Eric Scaife, of the Yorkshire Dialect Society, who provides the on-board next stop announcements.
In attendance to welcome the new Aireline buses were Keighley MP John Grogan; Amjid Ahmed, Keighley's deputy Mayor; Graham Mitchell, former mayor and Keighley councillor; Phil Walker, Support Officer at Keighley Business Improvement District (BID); Councillor Michael Westerman, Chairman of the Town Council's Transport Committee and Neale Wallace, Head of Transport Operations at the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (METRO).
There'll also be an opportunity for customers to see and explore the amazing new Aireline buses tomorrow (Saturday 7 October) from 10am at Shipley bus station.
Customers using the new Aireline buses will benefit from an amazing range of passenger-friendly features, including:
- • Specially created audio announcements on board, delivered in an authentic Yorkshire accent, featuring proud Yorkshireman Eric Scaife of the Yorkshire Dialect Society, who was selected after the bus company launched its own quest to find the perfect Yorkshire voice for its new buses
- • Audio announcements are also linked to a visual display on board every vehicle, making it easy for all customers to use and enjoy the new buses
- • Fast and free 4G WiFi to stay in touch throughout the journey
- • USB power points at every seats to charge mobile devices on the move
- • Wireless charging for compatible mobile devices
- • Comfortable seating with leather headrests
- • More legroom for a comfortable journey every time
- • Mini tables at selected seats – perfect for working or relaxing on the journey
- • Double glazing for a clear view of Yorkshire's countryside
- • A skylight roof – ideal for sunseekers or stargazers
- • A bigger bin to help keep every bus sparkling clean and tidy
- • A low-emission engine to the latest standards, producing lower NOx and CO2 than ever
- • A bright new livery reflecting Yorkshire pride in a great new service
- • An illuminated Aireline logo on the front of the bus – so everyone can see us coming!
Our General Manager, Colin, said: “The new buses we've introduced onto our Keighley Jets network means our town services are being run almost entirely with brand new buses.
“We're now ready to bring first class quality at great value fares to our premier cross county Aireline service, with the introduction of these amazing new Yorkshire-built buses filled with features suggested by those who know best – the people who travel with us every day for work or leisure.
“With traffic congestion growing in our town and city centres and the cost of driving and parking on the increase as well, there really is no better time to join us and relax on these fantastic new buses.
“Our hand-picked team of friendly drivers can't wait to get behind the wheel and welcome customers old and new onto our all new Aireline. We're sure these new buses will be a big success.”
With departures up to every 30 minutes and great value day and season tickets, the all new Aireline will be the bus to be seen on across West Yorkshire.
Are you on Twitter? Don't forget to follow us @keighleybus.